Monday, September 28, 2009

"Anonymous" Hides Behind Blanket Statements - What an Oxymoron!

There's a couple people hiding behind the name "anonymous" that like to comment on my blog, and they're both usually critical of what I write, one especially when it comes to Sun Metro.

That's all well and good, we're all allowed our own opinions, and I post all comments whether I agree with them or not. As long as they don't contain filthy language or threaten anyone I will continue to show their side.

One "anonymous" has chosen to disclose their identity to me. I don't know why. . Actually, they could be one and the same, they do write very similar. If they are, that would be very sad for many reasons. Mainly because they are a pretty public person and on one hand they praise what I say or do to certain people or on other blogs or forums under their true name, yet here they hide behind "anonymous", which I guess gives them a little more superficial guts, and they not only comment critically to what I write but go even further by making blanket statements about what they perceive me to be, usually in a negative light. That's being a little on the passive-aggressive side if you ask me.

I don't care if we have differing opinions, we're all different and think different. "Anonymous" can slam my opinion all day- it still won't change the facts. I just find it funny that "anonymous" doesn't have anything to say about the bumbling government red tape and mistakes I have encountered and have posted about. Where's your voice then, "anonymous"?

Even funnier is when "anonymous" resorts to using blanket statements.

Blanket statements are used by people to try to disassociate themselves from and to dehumanize others. That is one of the core tactics used to separate people, not to bring together, and to judge (or pre-judge).

"Anonymous' is fond of lumping me into their neat little prejudicial box. They have called me a "messican" and in the same breath that I come from the "country club" set. Ummm hello?!! Make up your mind.

Then they go on to say I have contributed less to society, in their all-knowing opinion, because I speak out and shed light on things that matter to me. I didn't know you knew me so well, "anonymous". Lol. You must be an ex lover or good friend to know me so well. I do like older men (and younger for that matter- my last bf happened to be 8 years younger than me and the one before that 9 years older than me)- but there is a line, and if you are the "anonymous" I know then you're about 20 or 25 years older than me, not quite my cup of tea.

So that only leaves a good friend. If you are a good friend and know me so well then you would have never written these untrue statements like you did.

So I guess you are neither. So what qualifies you to make outrageous statements?

Then "anonymous" goes on that people like me milk the government and use government assistance as much as I can. What is this based on? I have been in the workforce and paying taxes for 33 years, never been on welfare, never had children and expected my government to feed and clothe them, never been on food stamps, never been on unemployment. That shoots that theory down. And to imply that people who do use these services are bad or should be ashamed is just plain wrong. It's the abusers of the system that you should be worried about.

"Anonymous" talks about my negativity, but they are completely negative and false in their statements about me. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

So keep commenting, "anonymous", and I'll keep posting what you have to say- the more you talk the more we all see how disjointed, out of touch, and hypocritical you are.

www.transittalent.com/ makes my point in their link to my blog under the Squeaky Wheels category quite simple and direct in that I feel other projects (some that Sun Metro are in the process of doing now and in the future) will increase ridership more than free WIFI.

1 comment:

  1. s, you are one of the best. Don't ever let fools take your gold. The things you say are right on and I wish you continued success. I hope and trust you will continue to work with me on certain SM projects. I know that those of us that care do make a difference.

    ReplyDelete