Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New or Old City Hall Leak?







While at city hall yesterday I was killing time talking with Lisa Turner while we waited for the "desk lady" to bring the signup sheet for the agenda.

I like alot of the common sense Ms. Turner has and admire that she can pretty much get her point across without pages of notes. Me, I'm a dork. I spoke on agenda item 10 yesterday, the one about the city possibly changing the building code so developers won't have to build 5 p/100 accessible apartments but just 2. I even lost my place at one time in my pages of notes, but that was my fault, I didn't want to keep repeating points that others made before me so I shortened my comments. More on that in another post.

Anyway, during a lull I wandered by the windows and looked down at the front of city hall. I noticed one of the concrete planters had an awful lot of water accumulated in it and there was a sprinkler head bubbling just over the water line.

Probably about 2 inches or more accumulated in there.

I went down and took a few pics of this and this morning I emailed building maintenance and informed them of this problem.

I know things break, but because the trees and vegetation were quite lush in that planter I wonder how long this has been going on unchecked?

I'm waiting to see how long this takes to be repaired, and will update you when I hear back from them.

1 comment: