Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Spankin'-hot Feuds in the Blogosphere

So it's been a few days since I've posted anything new. Sometimes one just needs to take a break from all the buzz of the world and take care of their own personal business.

Every once in awhile I need to take a break from all the bs. Yes, I like to be involved and I do what I can with community events/activities, but sometimes people forget that this is not all I have in my life.

I am not a full-time political blogger, but some things I write about are political in nature. I am not a full-time campaign volunteer, though I dabble in different ways learning about a candidate, and their volunteers. And wow!- have I learned alot in the last few weeks! I am not a public speaker, as some of you can attest to, so I use my voice in the ways that are most clear and beneficial to my causes. By writing. What I want, when I want. Guess I'm selfish.

I really hate politics and when I end up getting a little too involved in trying to figure out all the games I not only feel exhausted but need a sort of respite. I seek balance and fairness.

I haven't read fully the other blogs out there until today since my break of the last few days. I got so much accomplished in my days off I didn't miss them. But everytime I take a break I come back and the bs is flying faster and smellier than before!

Specifically, the DavidK-Lionstar feuds.

One has to wonder if these two are for real in their disputes or if they are both master-minds in keeping the blogosphere buzz going fast and furious?!

I could call Jaime and ask his side of all this, but that wouldn't be fair to DavidK, and I don't have David's phone number.

I like Jaime Abeytia's views on alot of things and I read DavidK's blog to read the "opposition", tho sometimes he does make perfect sense on some issues.

They both do, to me.

At times.

So I'm sitting here wondering if the whole Chicano vs White Guy theme is planned or their real views?

But what it really comes down to is............

When the two of you resort to using the race card for whatever reason I just want to spank you! (and not in a good way, okay?!)

Two grown intelligent men resorting to a place where no one wins. It kills both their credibility.

Some may argue that they are only speaking the truth and their viewpont is valid. Yes, that's true. But one also has to ask- what gets accomplished when all is said and done?

They are not engaging in open discussion to come together, but to separate.

If their viewpoints are real then that's sad. Neither will accomplish what they set out to get. Be that equality, wrongs righted, credibility, looked at as intelligent and fair- whatever. They will leave that small irritating stain.

If it's all just a spin and a way to manipulate us readers into a tizzy and involve us in a revolving door of no consequence- I say community theater may be a better outlet for your creativity. I don't like big issues being used in a casual manner for your own entertainment. Especially when you are trying to involve others, and that's what you are doing by writing your blogs.

But did you also notice that I didn't touch on the subjects you two bloggers/column writers were actually writing about? That's because you lost me the moment you started with the race thing. Actually, one of you was low-down in your insinuations, but maybe we can talk about that another day since that real issue got bogged down by other bs.

No comments:

Post a Comment