Friday, October 9, 2009

Gripes from Under the Weather

Haven't posted in awhile, been extremely busy with the planning and execution of my birthday party, and now I'm sick.

But I'm going to post on a few subjects that are on my mind and some that are out there dangling, waiting for answers still.

Never did hear back from Tom Bohannon about my offer to help him in his PR department his staff is lacking so that we can get those accessible apartments rented he so desperately can't rent to the very people they are intended for. Guess he's busy playing with numbers and figuring how he can skew them in his favor when this comes back to city council. Don't worry, Tom, I'm working hard, too- gathering FACTS.

Haven't been by or heard anything back on the leak at city hall in the planter out front- another email written to them going unanswered- imagine! As soon as I can hear over the phone (my cold/flu is really messing with me) I will give them a call and try and get answers.

Have other emails out there still pending that will be full stories, if they go unanswered too much longer that will end up being the story!

Funny how some people schmooze you to no end to get support for a project they are working on and promise they will work with you because they know how busy you are because of the line of work you are in, but when it comes right down to it they really don't care. I will expound on this much more as it unfolds, it's a doozy.

City Hall must be in a "dead zone" as far as returned phone calls, emails and the like... waiting on another response from one department and waiting to hear about a supposed meeting that was to take place a month and a half ago yet it's been 3 months. And I AM being serious, many times when I call I get a terrible connection over there or the call gets dropped- even have a hard time accessing the city's website if it's early in the morning the day of a city council meeting. Hmmmmmm. Anyone else experience any troubles with the website the day of?

Even waiting to hear back from a news source on a hot yet forgotten story (but not forgotten by me).

Is it just me? Or is it me? People don't write letters much anymore since phones have been around (what- the last 100 years?) and now email. What's the deal with not responding to phone calls or emails? Isn't that part of the city's job working on our behalf? To have a fair and transparent government? What's with the games? Must I put in an open records request for everything?

Geez, for being in a desert it sure is shady around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment