Monday, October 19, 2009

Medical Marijuana Taken More Seriously Financially, if not Medically/Scientifically

Obama's administration has sent out a memo to our Justice Department declaring the pursuit of medical marijuana users/cardholders and dispensaries criminally are a waste of their time and our tax dollars. Unless, of course, they are involved in any other criminal activity involving marijuana or not.

Sounds like a good start.

Yes, there still does need to be more clarification in all aspects of this issue and state's laws and I do agree with the attorney general of Colorado when he states there needs to be regulation of these dispensaries. Otherwise we have let the wrong people free reign in setting up shop in our backyard.

Ok- so if that's what's needed, when are we going to discuss the regulation and taxation of legal dispensaries?

How is this going to affect people on Medicare/Aid when they go and try and fill their prescriptions in medical marijuana-legal states?

And are Medicare/Aid participants even allowed to use medical marijuana?

I searched the Internet yesterday for 3 1/2 hours reading page after page, article after article (and alot were from Ron Paul) and I couldn't find a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g even addressing this issue.

I did find out that some guy who was on Medicare and needed a liver transplant was found to have marijuana in his system and was thus denied the transplant- resulting in his death. Seems the feds mean business and that medical necessity being the lesser of two evils was no defense.
That was a couple years ago, though- I wonder how scenarios like this will play out in the future?

Wonder what Carl Starr has on this issue?

So what I will do Wednesday is call New Mexico and Texas' offices and find out what I can- even medicare.gov didn't have any info- and I'll update you on this when I have an answer.


for background please refer to my August 20th, 2009 piece "Marijuana and Reformed Health Insurance"

No comments:

Post a Comment