Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!



Happy 4th all!

Thinking of my brother today and all the fun we had as kids, especially on holidays.

And appreciating that he served in the US Marine Corps for many years, serving in Desert Shield and Desert Storm- 1st in and last out- Go Marines!

My brother is a pretty cool guy- ok, in my book he's REALLY cool.

My brother, Captain John C. Hartnett, has done so many neat things with his life! He has truly taken advantage of all the freedoms afforded us in this country.

Right now he's in Nepal- quite the world traveler.

When we were kids we were made to dress in red, white and blue and had to have our picture taken in the front yard holding up the American flag. One pic I remember my brother's wearing a Marine camo field cap- given to him by a returned vet/neighbor from the Viet Nam war. He sure was proud to wear that and I've often wondered if that experience had any bearing on joining the Marines instead of the Army. Or other branches, for that matter.

Anyway- happy 4th to all! Sure do miss my family and hope you're all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment