Wednesday, June 24, 2009

NE Fun League (Pool)

Last season I subbed on a pool league a few times for a friend of mine. Didn't do too hot but had a few moments I wasn't TOO embarrassed about.

This season I went all out and joined the NE Fun League Pool league for Allen's Lounge, a small neighborhood bar off Sun Valley and McCombs. Have to say, I finally started having fun because I started improving!

Our team took 5th out of 8 teams. I'm happy about that. Lotta these people been playing for 20- 30 years!

I was "Most Improved Player" on our team- yayyy!!!! Didn't play in the Women's Tournament last week for 2 reasons. One- I don't think I'm quite ready for prime-time. And 2- it was a $10 buy-in and money is tight right now - didn't feel like throwing money out the window!

So this ol' lady CAN still learn a few new tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment