Friday, June 26, 2009

I Want My EPTV!!!

OK- it's almost here, just a couple more days!

'Bout time we get some intelligent and possibly controversial cable show by locals on our City15 channel. That's what it's there for.

I had tried to get the Citizen's Advisory Committee to the Mass Transit Board/Sun Metro meetings taped and run on City15 but was told it would be very difficult to coordinate and would probably have to be taped in City Council chambers (no biggie)- but when I brought it to the committee they were not as responsive as I had hoped. One committee member was holding out on the hope that we could bring people TO the open meetings without having to video tape it. Great idea in a perfect world. I say we have the technology so let's take advantage of it.

Mr. Jaime Abeytia will be hosting the show and from what I've read he is planning to gear it towards getting more younger people involved and excited about politics and also focusing on different community hot goings-on. I'm sure he'll be doing some cool stuff- music, videos, "live" meanderings to interesting places et al. Can't wait to see the first show this Sunday at 11:00a.m.

For those that live under a rock, Jaime Abeytia has his own blog called the Lionstar blog (http://thelionstarblog.com) that is well-known to many in El Paso who care about how our elected officials conduct themselves, among other topics of interest. Jaime also writes for the Newspaper Tree, El Paso's on-line news source. under the politics tab.

One thing I do hope his show does, too, is try and light a fire under OLDER people's behinds on issues such as VOTING!!! Us 10% that do vote need some back-up!

The one burning question I have is... will Jaime be wearing a red shirt (or tie) in his first airing? I'm just poking fun at him, seems he's always in red and yes it does look good on him- if he is, I'm sure "Newsie girl" will be ecstatic! She's probably even planning a "The hottie's on tv" party with all her girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment