Thursday, December 24, 2009

For Her, my Mom

I lay against the pillow, halfway between dream and remembering...

Faster and faster I fall through the undulating fog of warmth.

Where am I?

The sun beats down on my face and fills my heart. Today is never-ending and perfect.

I run.

I play.

I hear thunder and run back to safety in her arms.

I catch baby birds in their mid baby-flight and learn to let them fly free to be themselves.

I am surrounded by love and hope.

I nuzzle against her bosom, inhaling her crisp spring, content to never move forward.

Why should I?

For today is an eternity and that is all I need.

And want.

Summer arrives.

I didn't know it was coming.

Little bees and big bees nip at me, buzzing in my ears and telling me secrets I didn't want to know.

I thought the bees loved me like the baby birds did.

But she says it's ok and hugs me.

She says to love the bees anyway for what they are. And if I need to run into her arms away from the bees she will always be here to hug me and kiss away their sting.

I run on to look for more baby birds, but they are all gone away home.

I hope just for the night?

The sun slants differently now, beautiful and scary.

Casting shadows that try to speak to me.

But I dream of the spring and they go away.

Falling faster and faster, I am flung into sooner.

The leaves look like leaves, but are crunchy and brown and tired.

I am still delighted, but wary of what the leaves want to tell me.

So she walks with me and later waits for me, her hug is bundled with the cookies she baked for me in anticipation of seeing me.

And everything is ok.

Falling yet faster through eternity I wake to bitter bitter cold.

Leafless gray trees try and snag me in the day and creak their scritchy-scratchy on my window at night.

But I am warm inside and she has locked the door.

I lay against the pillow, halfway between dream and remembering...

It's snowing softly outside and I become lost in it's own eternity of hope.

Content to just be.

But soon I feel the need to want to share these snowflakes with her as they whisper sweet in my ear and I know that no one could hear them the same or appreciate them like her.

I lay against the pillow, halfway between dream and remembering...

and wish I were home right now in her arms.


(Merry Christmas Mom, I love you x)

No comments:

Post a Comment